Monday, June 27, 2011

Why he is such an inspiration......

This is the email Dr. Wilson sent the team.  Thank you again Dr. Wilson! 

as, the flight will surely take your breath(s) away.

 I have liked the aphorism for some time:
"Life's not the breaths you take but, the moments that take your breath away."
As you know, George Strait recently wrote a song around it.

So, in case you have not heard it (not being an honorary Texas like me), or forgotten!...

(chorus)
"Life's not the breaths you take
Breathin in and out
That gets you through the day
Ain't what it's all about.
You might just miss the point
Tryin to win the race.
Life's not the breaths you take
But, the moments that take your breath away..."

I wanted to use the words to accompany the attached 'story' that I penned when working in Puerto Rico last month in 12 schools as part of my Future Scientists Program.

I hope that you are all well and thriving.
I shall wear my Miami Mission Control Team shirt with pride tomorrow for flight #1 and again for flight #2.  Thank you.  I feel honored to be included in such a dynamic group of teachers dedicated to improving the lives and vision of the students in their care and to living life to the full themselves-an essential component.

Take care:
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment